The Movement in Africa is a non-profit organisation that innovates, catalyses, educates and advocates agroecology farming practices and wellness of all people who are dedicated to the shift to a regenerative world. Our point of difference is teaching organic farming skills, together with trauma and mindfulness circles for transformation.
VISION. The Movement in Africa envisions a world of empowered citizens and communities, designing and implementing their own pathways to a sustainable future by co creating food sovereignty, wealth generating systems, repaired wellness and restored soils and lands.
MISSION. To innovate, catalyse, educate and advocate agroecology farming practices and wellness of all people who are dedicated to the shift to a regenerative world. To co create an impactful community-led learning and ongoing support system, using agroecology farming practices, creation of businesses, access to markets, mindfulness and wellness teachings, together with implementing environmental restoration programs/ We are an NPO that actively works to create wealth through responsible food production, mindfulness & entrepreneurial training and restoring environments
- To advance the education of individuals by sharing the experiences and best practices of agroecology farming, to lead sustainable and resilient lifestyles.
- To support the creation of micro businesses and a developed system getting crops to market
- To advance wellness through empathy circles using The Circle Method to empower the youth to interact in the world with greater confidence and capability, while promoting a culture of mutual acceptance and respect, effective communications, and cross-cultural outreach.
- To educate awareness and advance action for environmental protection, to become catalysts for projects that shift environmental degradation.
- To advance citizen and community participation in local decision-making, influencing policymakers, and educating the public, to accelerate the transition to sustainable living.
“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” Mahatma Gandhi, social activist
Our greatest vision is to build Hubs. The Hubs are central learning & support spaces around a permaculture food garden and many micro businesses related to agroecology and regenerative programs. This circular eco system for learning creates opportunities for train the trainer programs so learning and action is accelerated quickly, together with economic development. Individuals will be able to take care of their own food needs and create income for themselves by delivering product to the central pack house for market.
Following this system, we could reach over 4000 quarter hectare plots in a 5-year period, intensively farming and producing nutrient-dense food on over 1000 hectares and employing 8000 people. This would also have the added benefits of regenerating the community’s environments as well as creating entrepreneurs and small businesses all with potential employment and ownership spinoffs. We are excited to find likeminded funding partners to get this into the next phase. We have self-funded this NGO for 2.5 years.